Local Product Councils
ULI Michigan is excited to announce that we are launching Local Product Councils in the first quarter of 2019. The Product Council Program has seen great success nationally and provides many benefits to ULI members. ULI Michigan will have three Product Councils including Housing and Community Development, Small Scale Development, and Real Estate and Technology. Applications will close February 22nd, 2019.
What is a Local product council?
ULI Michigan’s Local Product Council Program aims to provide opportunities for local members in specific land-use disciplines to study issues in depth, share information, and network with Michigan professionals in similar industry sectors. The program is based on selective and committed membership and intensive, high quality programming created to emulate ULI’s National Product Council Program.
ULI Michigan Local Product Councils:
-Housing & Community Development
-Small Scale Development
-Real Estate & Technology
Local Product Councils:
- Provide a forum for information exchange on the “state of the art” in the development field
- Develop and maintain an informational and response capability for addressing development problems and opportunities
- Provide an appropriate focus on the major social and economic goals and issues of the day
- Provide input to influence community attitudes and lifestyles regarding development
- Apply research to innovative applications in land use planning
- Seek meaningful ways for all councils to relate to and interact with each other
- Capitalize on the efforts of ULI’s membership to strengthen the Institute’s overall impact
What to expect:
- The council will be capped at 25 members, members are expected to be active participants and attend all LPC meetings
- All LPC members must hold current membership with ULI
- Prospective Product Council members must submit an application, members are selected and appointed by the Chair of the council and the executive leadership team
- Local Product Councils are governed by members and self-organized
- The council will hold meetings 4 times each year, 3 of which will be held at existing ULI events
- The ULI Michigan Spring Summit
- The ULI Michigan Annual Meeting (Summer)
- The ULI Emerging Trends (Fall)
- The 4thmeeting will be planned by the council
- The LPC Program is fee based with an initiation fee of $100, members are also expected to register for events where meetings will be held
To apply to be on a Local Product Council click here.
For questions, please contact ULI staff.