Held twice a year, each FORUM visits a new city or town to provide fresh inspiration
and take home lessons that come from a variety of settings. The FORUM
brings together individuals who are passionate about using real estate development
as a tool to create better communities and build personal wealth.
The program spans 2 ½ days and delivers invaluable content using a variety of
• Panel Discussions - experienced and emerging developers and policy makers
in interactive, intimate and candid discussions about the successes and
tough lessons of projects and small development.
• Curated Project Tours - walking tours with the development team to see
real projects (complete or in construction) and hear what worked and what
didn’t. Projects span mixed use, residential, hospitality, F+B and civic - but
always oriented to Small in scale and innovative in thinking.
• Skill Sessions – educational sessions specific to Small - legal issues, raising capital, operating your business, and curating tenants are some examples
• Networking – plenty of time to talk one-on-one with your peers and contemporaries, while helping to build your network for advice, provide peer
review of emerging projects or even partner on future deals.
• PechaKucha Slam - our signature, fast paced event where every attendee shares what they are doing: using three slides and 45 seconds of commentary!
• Help Desk – an open source, facilitated conversation for participants to share real time challenges and gain valuable feedback from others in the
room that may have had to navigate the same issue.
Attendance is open to anyone who works in, or aspires to enter, the world of small scale development. Cost is $1,000 for the two and half day program (with
discounts available for early registration and payment). Fee includes welcome reception, lunch both days, and signature cocktail hour and dinner. Travel and lodging is responsibility of the attendee, although CRAFT Development always seeks out a preferred hotel partner whose values and experience reflects the spirit of Small, and provides us a great rate. Upon registration, you will receive a discount code for our Hotel partner.