Public/Private Partnerships: Best Practices and New Opportunities
During the Urban Land Institute’s first-ever Detroit based national conference, Public/Private Partnerships: Best Practices and New Opportunities, attendees will hear from experts in the public and private sectors who combined their strengths and resources to complete development projects that would have been impossible using more traditional methods of economic development.
On June 25 and 26 at the Westin Book Cadillac in Detroit, learn what worked and what didn’t work, and receive practical how-to advice applicable to any community. Attendees will also have several opportunities to make valuable connections with top leaders in the real estate and land use industries.
About the Conference:
Understanding potential deals through the eyes of public officials, and knowing how to access the tools available, are key prerequisites to meeting the self-interests of both the public and private sides in a development deal. Public/Private Partnerships: Best Practices and New Opportunities will give attendess the understanding and competencies to engage productively in that conversation.
This conference will describe why public/private partnerships are so critical to successful development today. Join ULI on June 25 and 26 for sessions that:
- Feature outstanding keynote speakers and the new leaders in public/private partnerships.
- Identify land opportunities and trends.
- Demonstrate how to finance with new partners.
- Share some of the most successful case studies in public/private partnerships.
The conference will feature keynotes, presentations and discussions from:
- Matt Cullen, President and CEO, Rock Ventures, LLC
- Christopher E. Frampton, Managing Partner, East West Partners
- Douglas George, Consul-General, Consulate General of Canada in Detroit
- Dan Gilbert, founder and chairman, Rock Ventures LLC and founder and chairman, Quicken Loans. Inc.
- Calvin Gladney, Managing Partner, Mosaic Urban Partners
- Bob Gregory, Senior Vice President, Downtown Detroit Partnership
- Jim Harbaugh, Executive Vice President and CEO, Center City Lehigh Valley
- Gabe Klein, Senior Visiting Fellow, Urban Land Institute
- The Honorable Ray LaHood, Former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Steve Leeper, President and CEO, Cincinnati Center City Development Corporation(3CDC)
- Charles A. Long, President, Charles A. Long Properties
- Maureen McAvey, Senior Resident Fellow and Bucksbaum Family Chair for Retail, Urban Land Institute
- Paul F. Morris, President and CEO, Atlanta BeltLine, Inc.
- Sue Mosey, President, Midtown Detroit, Inc.
- Thomas Murphy, Senior Resident Fellow, Joseph C. Canizaro/Klingbeil Family Chair for Urban Development, Urban Land Institute
- Timothy Thorland, Executive Director, Southwest Housing
- Laura J. Trudeau, Managing Director, Community Development Detroit, Kresge Foundation
- And more!
Sponsorship opportunities are available!
As a nonprofit organization, ULI relies on financial support from organizations like yours. Sponsors are an integral part of fulfilling the Institute’s mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
For more information about supporting ULI’s Public/Private Partnerships Conference, e-mail Carla Clements at Carla.Clements@uli.org or call 949-542-6122.
ULI Member: $595.00
ULI Member (Nonprofit, Academic, Government): $395.00
ULI Member (Under 325): $295.00
ULI Member (Student): $195.00
Please visit the ULI Public/Private Partnership Conference website for more information.