Women’s Leadership Initiative
ULI Michigan is excited to announce the introduction of the ULI Michigan Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI), to be chaired by Cari Easterday-Kar, President and Founder, Community Capital Consulting and Jill Ferrari, Chief Executive Officer, Michigan Community Resources.
The mission of the Women’s Leadership Initiative was established by the Urban Land Institute in 2011 as part of the Robert C. Larson Leadership Initiative with the mission of raising the visibility and increasing the number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate and land use industries. The four primary objectives of the ULI Michigan Women’s Leadership Initiative are as follows:
1. Promote the advancement of women throughout their careers and as leaders and the real estate and land use industries.
2. Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in ULI and the real estate and land use industries.
3. Increase the visibility of women leaders in ULI and the real estate and land use industries.
4. Increase the number of women active in ULI as full members and support the development of the young women members in ULI and their professions.
The Michigan District Council of the Urban Land Institute (ULI Michigan) is proud to announce the launch of the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Mentorship Program.
The mission of the ULI Michigan WLI Mentorship Program is to facilitate professional growth through mentorship between experienced executives in the industry and female real estate and land use professionals. The program is aimed to provide early-to-mid-career level female professionals working in the real estate and land use industries (“Mentee”) with an opportunity to connect, grow, and create lasting relationships with experienced industry leaders (“Mentors”).
To participate in the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Mentorship Program, eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be female
- Applicant must be currently working in a real estate or land use related field, with a minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience
- Applicant must possess a strong desire to gain insights, management and leadership skills
- Applicant MUST be a ULI Member at the date of program commencement (April 30, 2015)
The cost of the WLI Mentorship Program is $100.00 USD.100% attendance throughout the six-month program is required.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed and signed WLI Mentorship Program Application
Please send one consolidated PDF file containing the application materials outlined above to Alison Watch. Applications must be received by 5:30 PM on February 27, 2015.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance on or before April 17, 2015. The program will commence with a kick off event on April 30, 2015.